CD Projekt continues to fix bugs in the latest patch for The Witcher 3
Polish studio CD Projekt RED has released a new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that arrives ready to improve the experience of this latest revision of the acclaimed RPG.
numbered as 4.02the patch is intended to “improve overall game stability and performance” on all platforms.
This is what patch 4.02 brings to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
If you have the game, it is better to prepare 2GB of space on your disk on PC and between 10 and 20 GB on Xbox and PlayStation consoles. This is a very large patch on consoles and as we said it is intended to correct bugs and make general stability and performance improvements.
The most notable changes included in the patch are listed below:
Patch 4.02 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is being rolled out and will soon be available on PC, PlayStation and Xbox! Among various fixes, it also improves the overall stability and performance of the game.
Patch notes: https://t.co/r9nSY44umn pic.twitter.com/guet36UP83
— The Witcher (@witchergame) March 13, 2023
- Improved CPU core utilization in DX 12 release.
- Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who previously had ambient occlusion disabled will need to do so again. you can find it
in Options → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the “My Rewards” section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint occurring when NVIDIA HairWorks is disabled.
- Fixed an issue with particle optimization that could cause temporary stutters.
- Improved performance mode on the latest generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could become slightly blurry during dialogue and cutscenes on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue related to memory usage in Ray Tracing mode that could cause crashes on Xbox Series X.
- All That A Man Sows…: The game will no longer crash if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting the conversation on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where quick saves could not be loaded when using cross progression on Xbox One.
- Added two missing “Top-Rate Swords” on previous generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue with overwriting manual saves where, in some circumstances, the oldest game save would be deleted on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading a save game.
VISUAL: exclusive for PC and next generation
- Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
MISSIONS AND GAMEPLAY: Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations: Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would advance the quest during the “Let Avallac’h know everything is ready” objective.
- Status Reason: Fixed an issue where the warehouse door could become permanently locked if the player hit, entered, then immediately exited the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 – Fixed an issue where the quest could remain active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to launch a New Game+ on an incompatible save would prevent the player from launching standalone expansions until the game was restarted.
LOCATION: available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri and Geralt’s Gwent card descriptions.
- Fixed punctuation issues in Arabic localization.
- Updated traditional Chinese font.