Health

This is what, according to veterinary medicine, you have to do if your dog has ingested something poisonous

The curiosity that dogs have to smell and try everything often means that they approach or ingest some products that are poisonous to their body. It is important to know the measures that can be taken so that your friend does not suffer too much damage. It is also essential that you can detect the symptoms of poisoning such as nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, too much drooling, difficulty moving normally, shortness of breath, swelling of the face or snout, lack of appetite, skin rash, apathetic attitude and with low energy or seizures or muscle spasms.

We leave you some guidelines to follow if you are presented with a case of poisoning in your partner. You should contact a veterinarian to avoid wrong actions.

  • Whether or not to induce vomiting: you should know that if the substance your pet has ingested is toxic, vomiting could affect other areas of the body. If you do not know the cause of the poisoning, it is better not to do it. To achieve vomiting, you can give 2-5 ml of hydrogen peroxide orally or you can also give him salt water to drink.

  • If the product that poisoned your pet is on the skin, you should remove the excesses with a bath with plenty of warm water and soap to remove the traces that have remained on your body.

  • Offer him a lot of water: this will get the dog to eliminate toxins through urine and help keep him hydrated. Do not give him milk or dairy products, the fat of these products makes the absorption of the poison greater and, therefore, the state of your pet’s health worsens.

  • Charcoal pills: these are drugs that will help prevent the poison from being absorbed.

  • In case of inhalation poisoning you should take your dog to a well-ventilated place.

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button