Immigration consultancy Henley & Partners revealed the ranking of most powerful passports 2022. While travel documents from Japan, Singapore and South Korea took over the top three spots for the benefits they offer to holders, the Mexican passport was not so badly qualified.
According to the consultancy, this year’s list of the most powerful passports shows that countries continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, reversing the results of previous rankings, which were dominated by European nations.
In top 10 most powerful passports they find each other:
- Japan – giving easy access to 193 countries
- Singapore – whose passport allows entry to 192
- South Korea – whose document also provides access to 192 nations
- Germany – whose passport allows entry to 190 countries
- Spain – with 190
- Finland- with 189
- Italy – at 189
- Luxembourg – at 189
- Austria – to 188, and
- Denmark – at 188
How powerful is the Mexican passport?
It is time to analyze the advantages that the Mexican passport offers to people who want to travel abroad.
Mexico is far from the 10 most powerful passports in the world. The most recent Henley Passport Index places the Mexican document in position 24 of the classification, since offers easy entry to 159 countriesthe same number as Israel’s passport, with whom it ties in the ranking.
According to the list of the most powerful passports in the world 2022, Chile is the Latin American country with the most powerful passportsince its bearers have the possibility of easily entering 174 nations.
In addition, the Mexican passport is also surpassed by those of Argentina and Brazil, which grant people who possess them access to 170 countries in an easy way.
According to a report by the immigration consultant Henley & Partners, the Mexican passport accumulates 296 out of 700 possible points in aspects such as:
- Business opportunities
- Economic freedom
- Quality of life
- top-notch education, and
- Private health services.
To which countries can you travel only with your Mexican passport?
The visa will not be a pretext. This is the list of countries to which you can travel without the need to apply for a visa.
If you want to travel to Europe, these countries do not require a visa: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland , Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden , Switzerland, United Kingdom and the Vatican.
You should also take into account that from November 2023 you will be asked for a travel authorization called ETIAS. It is not a visa but a permit that guarantees greater security for receiving countries and travelers who come from nationalities outside the Schengen area.
In the American continent, the countries that request a visa from Mexicans are:
In Asia, the countries that do not request a visa or extra documentation are:
- United Arab Emirates
- Hong Kong, and
In Africa, the countries that do not require a visa are: Tunisia, Morocco, Botswana and Mauritius, while in Oceania, only Fiji, Micronesia and Vanuatu will not ask you for more to enjoy their lands.
Mexican Passport Cost 2022
Every year, the authorities update the cost of the passport, depending on its time of validity.
The Mexican passport 2022 has the following costsaccording to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
- Validity of 3 years – 1,470.00 pesos
- Validity of 6 years – 2,000.00 pesos
- Validity of 10 years – 3,505.00 pesos
- Valid for 3 years with a 50 percent discount – 735 pesos
- Validity of 6 years with a discount of 50 percent – 1,000.00 pesos
- Valid for 10 years with a 50 percent discount – 1,755.00 pesos
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs explains that “the benefit of 50 percent on passport costs is applicable to people over 60 years of age, people with disabilities and temporary Mexico-Canada agricultural workers.”
People with disabilities must prove it by presenting one of the following documents:
- Original of the certificate or medical certificate issued by a public health or social security institution.
- Original and copy of the national credential for people with disabilities issued by the National System for the Integral Development of the Family (DIF).
In the case of temporary agricultural workers, for the discount to be effective, they must present the original certificate, issued by the National Employment System of the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare. It will only be applicable for passports with a validity of 3 to 6 years.
Requirements to process the Mexican passport
In addition to making the payment corresponding to the validity of the Mexican passport, people must present:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate issued by the Mexican Civil Registry Office
- Certified copy of the birth certificate issued by the Consular Offices
- Letter of Naturalization in original and copy, in case of being a foreigner
- Declaration of Mexican nationality by birth, in case of being a foreigner
- Mexican nationality certificate