According to a news leak, Microsoft would travel to Poland to hunt for new studies to add to its stables.
According to rumor, Microsoft would have gone to Poland to assess the possibility of acquiring new development studios that produce titles for the Xbox X Series. Reporting the news was the twitter user S3V8 X019, who learned it from the last episode of the podcast of Borys Nieśpielak.
Borys Nieśpielak is the director of the beautiful documentary We Are Alright, dedicated to the Lichtspeer development studio, as well as a well-known character on the Polish scene.
Nieśpielak does not give the news of Microsoft’s presence in Poland as in doubt but considers it confirmed. What he does not know is whether or not the Colossus of Redmond has actually signed agreements.
Let’s see what are the largest independent Polish development studios of such size that Microsoft can be interested:
- People Can Fly (Painkiller, Gears of War: Judgment, Bulletstorm)
- Techland (Dead Island, Dying Light)
- The Astronauts (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter)
- The Farm 51 (Get Even, Chernobylite, World War 3)
- Flying Wild Hog (Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior 2)
There would also be CD Projekt Red, but we see an acquisition of the Cyberpunk 2077 studio very unlikely.