Tax season 2024 It started on January 29, according to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) calendar. Did you know that the sooner you file your return, the faster you can get your refund?
For this 2024 season, the federal entity expects to receive more than 128.7 million individual tax returns before the deadline, which is April 15.
According to the IRS, a refundable tax credit is a credit that can be received as a refund even if you owe no tax. If you paid more tax than you owed during the year, you may get a refund. Even if you have not paid tax.
How long will it take for the IRS to send my refund?
According to the IRS, it will take at least 21 to make a deposit. The waiting time depends on how you submitted your application:
- Up to 21 days for electronically filed returns
- 4 weeks or more for amended returns and mailed returns
- More time if your return needs correction or additional review.
How do I get my refund from the IRS?
If you are eligible for a tax refund, you can get it in one of these ways:
- Direct deposit– This is the fastest way to get your refund. You can request it from your checking, savings or retirement account. You can split your refund into up to 3 accounts.
- Paper check: They will send your check to the address listed on your statement. You must report if you have changed your address.
- Prepaid debit card– Check with your bank or card provider to see if your card will work and which account number to use.
- Mobile payment applications– Some apps accept direct deposit.
- US Savings Bonds.: Find out how to buy bonuses with your refund.
How do I know the status of my IRS refund?
You must have a Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), as well as the exact refund amount on your return, to make the query.
- To do this you must enter: https://www.irs.gov/es/refunds
- Another option is to contact: (877) 658-2972 to register a request.
What is the schedule for 2024 tax returns at the IRS?
Taxpayers should keep these key dates in mind for this year’s tax filing season:
- 12th January– IRS Free File Begins.
- 16 January– Estimated tax payment due date of fourth quarter 2023.
- 26 January: Earned Income Tax Credit Awareness Day to raise awareness about the valuable tax credits available to many.
- January 29: Start of tax filing season for 2023 personal tax returns.
- 15 April: Last day to file tax returns or request extensions for most people in the country.
- 17th April– Due date for Maine and Massachusetts.
- 15th October: The deadline for filers to file an extension on their 2023 tax return ends.
What is the IRS?
The IRS, short for “Internal Revenue Service”, is the federal tax collection agency in the United States. It is a division of the United States Department of the Treasury and its primary responsibility is the administration and enforcement of federal tax laws.