To automate a farm, it must take care of generating resources, converting them into items and then collecting them. The first two requirements depend on the farm and specific resources. However, each farm has something in common, and it collects items. So, in this guide, we will talk about the hopper, which is the main component of every collection system, and how you can make it in Minecraft.
What you need to make a hooper
Hooper is accessible to players only through crafting. Fortunately, the recipe is quite simple. You need the following items:
- 5 iron ingots
- 1 chest
- Crafting table
You will find iron ingots in various structures in your minecraft world or can smelt raw iron to get it instantly. The latter is a more reliable method, so we suggest you go for it. Pig iron is a drop from iron ore, which you can easily find through our ore distribution guide.
Chests can be built with 8 wooden planks or found in various locations. A crafting table is a basic utility block that provides a 3 x 3 crafting grid, which you need to craft a hopper.
How to make a Hopper in Minecraft
When you have the necessary ingredients, follow this crafting recipe to make a Hopper in Minecraft by following the steps below:
- First, place a crafting table in your world and right-click on it.
- Now, put Chest in middle slot of the crafting grid.
- Next, the location Three iron ingots In the crafting table, the first is to the left of the chest, the second is to the right of the chest, and the third is below the chest.
- Finally, Place two more Iron Ingots In the first row, just above each side of the chest.
- A hopper item will now appear on the right, which you can drag and drop into your inventory.
You can also use a crafter in Minecraft to make a hopper. However, this will require you to power the block with a redstone signal so that it ejects the hopper item.
That’s it for this guide. The hopper is one of the most important redstone components in Minecraft, so learning to build it is essential to building almost any farm. With that, don’t waste time and go and create Hopper in your world right away!
Hopper does not require you to make or use redstone dust. But if you want to lock the hopper, you can power it with a redstone signal.