The mobile version of Roblox remains one of the highest-grossing apps in the world. Here are the gaming platform’s key metrics, including download numbers and top-earning countries.
*It’s worth noting that AppMagic shows revenue from in-app purchases, reduced by platform fees and including taxes—Roblox’s IAP revenue is over $4.2 billion. To calculate player costs, analysts added 30% discounts and taxes that stores pay to some countries before paying the publisher.
- The US is the number one country in mobile revenue, accounting for 58% of the total. It is followed by the UK (7%), Canada (4%), South Korea (4%) and Australia (3%).
- Roblox has also generated 995 million downloads worldwide. The US is the leader in installations with a 20% share, followed by Brazil (12%), Mexico (6%), Indonesia (5.6%) and Russia (5.5%).
- Please be aware that AppMagic also does not track other sources of income such as licensing agreements, advertising revenue, and royalties. Thus, the total revenue of Roblox including PC and consoles is higher.
- For example, IAP revenue reached about $800 million in 2022, down 13% from last year. But according to the company’s annual report, its total revenue for the year was $2.2 billion across all platforms, up 16% year-over-year.
- Year to date, Roblox is the top free mobile game in the world, with over 190 million downloads. It is followed by Subway Surfers, Ludo King, Candy Crush Saga and Royal Match.
- Roblox is also the fifth highest-grossing game this year with over $753 million in IAP revenue. It trails King’s Candy Crush Saga ($857 million), miHoYo’s Genshin Impact ($862 million) and two Tencent hits: PUBG Mobile ($1 billion) and Honor of Kings ($1.3 billion).
Top 10 highest-grossing mobile games of 2023 according to AppMagic
- AppMagic data also shows that the mobile version of Roblox has a cumulative RpD (revenue per download) of $4.25 worldwide. The leader is Hong Kong with $20.44, followed by Singapore ($19.5), Norway ($17.12), Switzerland ($16.84) and Denmark ($14.38).