Some digital stores the price of Meta Quest 2 in Mexico usually reaches 7940 Mexican pesos. Affordable price compared to other VR viewers that go up to MXN 60,000. But why?
Within months of launching, Mark Zuckerberg-led VR headsets have dropped their initial cost significantly. While the company didn’t mention at the time why the team’s decision was conditioned, everything points to the company not being able to achieve expected sales and is aiming to stimulate them as soon as possible.
In 2022 alone, the company lost $1.7 billion on R&D at its virtual reality labs. Whether or not this is the reason for this movement, the truth is that the video game fanatical public benefits by having viewers at a more affordable price.
Cost of Meta Quest 2 in Mexico
As we mentioned the price of Meta Quest 2 in Mexico is usually between 7,000 and 8,000 pesos. Depending on the period of validity of offers and discounts, this value can be reduced to 6000 pesos or less.
This discounted price applies to all of the company’s VR headset models. Specifically, the Meta Quest Pro with 256GB storage has been reduced to $999 (previously $1,499).
An interesting aspect of these models is that they come with their own operating system, so there is no need to have a modern gaming PC to be able to enjoy the multiple games available.
However, if you want to get the most out of Oculus Link, the company suggests that you have the following specs:
- Processor: Intel i5-4590/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or better
- Video Card: GeForce Nvidia 9 series or higher (see exceptions here)
- Memory: 8GB RAM or more
- Operating system: Windows 10
- USB ports: at least one free USB port
These conditions ensure that your virtual reality experience is optimal for demanding games like Half-Life Alyx.. Even if you sacrifice the lack of cables, the benefits in terms of latency and connection quality are well worth it.
Benefits of a VR Viewer
Having a VR headset like the one you can get at this price for Meta Quest 2 in Mexico offers several interesting benefits for gamers and the general public:
- Interactive learning. Virtual reality is increasingly being used in education to create interactive and immersive learning environments. Students can explore concepts in a practical and realistic way.
- Immersive entertainment: Virtual reality offers new ways of entertainment such as games, movies and interactive experiences. This allows users to be part of the story and make decisions that affect the story.
- Therapy and Health: It is used in exposure therapy to treat phobias and anxiety disorders. It is also being researched in physical and mental rehabilitation.
- Virtual Exploration: Virtual reality allows you to explore distant, historical or even imaginary places from the comfort of your home. This can be useful for travel planning, education, and recreation.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our mailing list for more up-to-date Meta Quest 2 price news in Mexico as of August 2023.