hot rat This cyber threat According to the experts who discovered it, “just like an unwanted guest at a party who eats all your snacks and then steals your wallet.” trojan. At Unotv.com, we’ll tell you what it is, how it works, and what are the recommendations to avoid it.
What is it and how does HotRat attack you?
hot rat a virus that can steal personal information user, do screenshots dand internet activity and download malwarein accordance with Avasta software company for virus protection and cybersecurity.
- TO download other malwarecreates opportunities for other attacks such as ransomwarewhich can lead to extortion and aggravate Financial implications on affected people and organizations, according to PCRiskcyber security portal
This remote access trojan allows cybercriminalaccess bank accounts and steal cryptocurrency wallets such as bitcoin. In addition to attacking web browsers and extracting credentials from Login saved, such as usernames and passwords online accounts, mail services and social networks.
Experts warn that great danger As for this threat, the user “may not even be aware that it exists.” This is due to his way of working.
How does this cyber threat work?
Cybercriminals hide hot rat within hacked software or hacked from large companies such as Adobe And Microsoftas well as popular video games and office applications that are advertised online for free.
Avast lists the following programs used cybercriminals spread this threat:
- Adobe Illustrator 2023
- Adobe Photoshop 2021
- Age of Empires IV Digital Deluxe Edition
- Battlefield 3 Premium Edition
- CCleaner Professional
- Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
- CyberLink Deluxe Screen Recorder
- Enterprise disc drill
- Far Cry 4 Gold Edition
- IObit Pro Uninstaller
- Office 2022
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021
- Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe Edition
- sims 4
- TikTok 18+ Download on PC
- VMWare Pro Workstation
Prevalence hot rat was first discovered in October 2022 thanks to experts from Avast, which highlight that he continues to work in different parts of the world.
How to avoid a HotRat attack?
specialists PCRisk The following recommendations have been made to prevent the spread of hot rat and prevent information theft and the spread of additional malware:
- Do not download hacked software or apps from suspicious websites and torrents as they contain hidden malware.
- Only download software from official and trusted sources to reduce the risk of downloading malicious files.
- Install reliable antivirus programs and update them regularly to detect and block potential threats.
- Keep your operating system, software, and security tools up to date with the latest updates.
- Do not open attachments or follow links in emails from unknown or suspicious sources.
- Do not trust advertisements from dubious sites.
There are no obvious signs that the computer has been infected hot ratTherefore, a special call is made for prevention.
If the recommendations are ignored, the user may become a victim password theft And banking information, identity fraud, data encryptionmonetary losses and loss of personal accounts, according to PCRisk.