Migration motor complex. (MMC, also called migrating motor complex and migrating myoelectric complex) It is the cleaning system of our digestive tract.. This is, so to speak, a garbage truck, and should work well.
Otherwiseproblems like excess bacterial growth in the small intestine (SIBO). This alteration of the gut microbiota can cause a number of discomfort such as bloating, excess gas, abdominal pain and cramps or nausea among other symptoms.
how does the digestive system work
When digestion is complete and the small intestine is emptytwo to three hours after eating, some involuntary peristaltic movements, regulated by the enteric nervous system and the parasympathetic nervous system.
These movements carry away food debris, bacteria and toxic substances to be excreted in the faeces.
The cleaning and emptying movements are initiated by the motilin.a hormone secreted in the stomach and intestines.
These movements they are like waves that occur every 90-120 minutes and which are developing in four stages:
- They start with movement. slowly over 45-60 minutes.
- In the next half hour, electrical activity increases, but real cuts are not generated yet.
- in the third phaseproduce within 5-15 minutes fast and interval contractions evenly they are able to expel the contents of the stomach. These abbreviations can sometimes be heard (what we call “abdominal rumbling” that actually comes from the intestines). He gatekeeperthe valve that communicates the stomach with the first section of the intestine remains open so that indigestible substances pass through the small intestine and enter the large intestine.
- This is the period transition between contractions third stage and inaction from the first.
What changes the digestive tract cleansing system (and contributes to the development of SIBO)
He bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine (SIBO) occurs when bacteria that should stay in the colon move up and cause a lot of digestive symptoms (gas, bloating, diarrhea, or constipation)depending on prevailing bacteria, food intolerance, etc.) and systemic (skin problems, joint pain, fatigue, etc.).
Except, some disorders can lead to disruption of the system and contribute to the development of SIBO. (bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine), although not all SIBOs are caused by MBC dysfunction.
One of these diseases is gastroenteritis caused by bacteria such as salmonella, escherichia coli or others whose toxins can change CMM through an autoimmune mechanism.
Is frequent i suffer from this problem while traveling because you come into contact with foreign bacteria to our immune system.
infection Helicobacter pyloriwhich affects almost half of the people in Spain, could be another reason.
Another reason for the change in CMM is constant stress over timebe it physical, mental or emotional
They can also affect the performance of the CMM. hypothyroidismHe smoking, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, diverticula intestines, anatomical changes caused by surgery, neuropathic conditions affects the gastrointestinal tract and microbiota changes intestines with an excess of methane- or hydrogen-sulfide-forming bacteria.
consumption acid-lowering drugs (the so-called gastric “shields”) can also provoke disruption of the CMM.
As with most pathologies, another factor is a sedentary lifestyle. what should we take into account in order to prevent or treat MMC changes.
Difficulty with traffic bowel is another one of the situations that interfere with the proper functioning of the cleaning and emptying system from the digestive tract.
How to Improve Your Digestive Cleanse to Avoid Cibo
One of the best things we can do to improve CMM performance is take a break to the digestive system.
During the activity of the migration-motor complex (MMC), there is an increase in secretion gastric, biliary and pancreatic to promote digestion and reduce the accumulation of bacteria in the stomach and intestines.
However, ingestion of food or water completely abolishes the activity of MMS. A 450 calorie meal causes a decrease in MBC activity for almost 4 hours.
It means that, if we don’t leave enough time between meals – at least four hours – we cannot effectively cleanse the digestive tract any time of the day. Eating outside the main meals interrupts the migratory motor complex.
These measures contribute to the proper “sweeping and cleaning” of the digestive tract. thanks to the work of the migratory motor complex. These are activities that allow the digestive system to rest and promote potentially pathogenic bacteria be excreted with feces.
Don’t snack between meals
This is one of the reasons why many nutritionists recommend eating two or three full meals a day instead of five..
While this recommendation should be adapted to each individual according to their health status, in general it It is highly recommended to avoid snacking outside of the main meal.
In addition, to stimulate bowel movements it is very useful to provide an overnight fast for 12-14 hours. A simple way to intermittent fasting, for example, is this: if we finish dinner at 7:30 pm (ideal in winter) or at 8:30 pm (summer), we can start breakfast at 8:30 am. Tomorrow.
It’s also important keep stress under control and take care of your emotional life.
planning At work, physical exercisemeditation, relaxation and developmental therapy The staff can be very helpful in this regard.
Another factor that plays in favor of CMM is stimulate the vagus nerve, which connects the brain and digestive system and is responsible for the relaxation response.
There are many ways to activate it, but it’s simple take three deep breaths before each meal. In addition, you can meditate or learn relaxation techniques.
Choose the right food
Macronutrients work in different ways.about SHM. A high-fat intake will take longer to stop your activity than a high-carb intake. Squirrelsinstead they call shorter interruption activities.
You should also choose foods that help balance the microbiota in the small intestine.
- Berries: Thanks to its low sugar content and richness in polyphenols, substances that feed the beneficial bacteria in the small intestine.
- Soaked chia: Its mucous fiber is useful and does not cause digestive discomfort.
- Aromatic herbs and spices: They have digestive properties and promote the reproduction of beneficial bifidobacteria.
- nutritional yeast: Helps to stabilize the microbiota and especially promotes Akkermansiaprotective mucus-forming bacterium.
NATURAL REMEDIES to improve digestion and prevent cibo
Take one of the following when you wake up in the morning can stimulate digestive cleansing movements.
- Cup water with lemonWhat promotes the production of motilina hormone that initiates peristaltic movements. It is recommended that the water be warm or hot. (Chinese medicine advises avoiding cold water)
- tablespoon olive oil with lemon promote bile formation.
- a teaspoon of melted butter (ghee) for him anti-inflammatory properties and because it stimulates motilin.
- umeboshi pasta, a fermented Japanese plum that also has anti-inflammatory effects. The optimal amount has the volume of chickpeas and is taken leaving it in the mouth, under the tongue. Also can be mixed with a little hot water and kudzu or with infusion.
4 plants for bowel function
Ginger stimulates motor skills digestive tract, and also antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
You can grate fresh rhizome for salads and other dishes, Prepare it as an infusion or take it internally. form capsulesat doses specified by the manufacturer.
rhubarb palmatum This is a very valuable plant in Chinese medicine for treating digestive problems.
Contains emodinmolecule that stimulates peristaltic movements and reduces somatic spotwhat slows them down.
Accepted quickly and Contraindicated in intestinal diseases.
Increases bile secretion and acts specifically on the peristaltic movements of the small intestineaccording to a study by the University of Pavia (Italy).
Artichoke can be used as an ingredient cooking or drink extractWhat it is often combined with ginger.
This ayurvedic remedy (from traditional Indian medicine) consists of three fruits: amalaki (Phyllanthus emblica), bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and haritaki (TErminalia Chebula).
According to a study published in the Journal of Graduate Medicine triphala is more effective for gastric emptying than drugs like metoclopramide.