Camilo Luna, pediatrician and educator.
In addition, the World Health Organization (WHO) defines self-care as “the ability of individuals, families, and communities to promote health, prevent disease, maintain health, and manage illness and disability, with or without the support of a healthcare professional.”
The five key pillars for achieving balance and well-being are: physical activity, healthy eating, avoiding unhealthy habits, practicing good hygiene, and managing health products and services.
1. Eat a healthy diet, if possible under the guidance of your doctor or dietitian.
2. Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day, preferably in the morning, to start your day full of energy.
3. Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and cigarettes, as these are two habits that cause serious illness.
4. Get regular medical check-ups, and you can access tests that rule out possible diseases and analyze the risk factors that you may have.
5. Keep calm, think positive and breathe. When it’s a little difficult, breathe again. Also rest, in sleep the body regulates itself and restores balance.