This browser does not support the video element.
Watching your diet is one of the most important habits that we must follow in order to take care of health. Nutritionists insist on the need to eat well, exercise and get enough rest if we want to. lose weight, one of the most recurring resolutions of the year. Two classes of foods that, without a doubt, should be present in any type of diet: fruits and vegetableswhich provide countless benefits thanks to the nutrients, vitamins and minerals they offer us.
On the market, we can find a large number of fruits that adapt to every taste, and one of those that has always had the best reputation for its benefits to our health is kiwi. This fruit does not come from a tree, but from a wild plant, and including it in our diet can help us in many aspects of our health.
Kiwifruit is a fruit always associated with its benefits for the immune system, which is very important at this time of the year when colds and flu are high, but they can also be useful for other purposes. kiwi rich in vitamins C, E and K, in addition to being a very important source of fiber. On the other hand, it also contains minerals necessary for health, such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium.
Health Benefits of Kiwi
Kiwi is one of the most nutritious fruits we can consume due to the many nutrients it provides us. Experts point out that one of the weak points when it comes to caring for food is eating between meals, at which time we usually have unhealthy snacks. This is where fruits or nuts can be key in our diet and kiwis are a very good idea to eat between meals as they usually provide about 60 kcal per 100 grams.
Of course, despite the fact that it has many health properties, like everything in life, excessive consumption can be harmful. Also, you have to be careful because kiwi is one of the fruits that many people are allergic to.
Its main characteristic is the amount of vitamin C it contains, much more than other fruits such as oranges or tangerines, which enjoy a better reputation. World Health Organization (WHO) recommends consuming about 80 grams of vitamin C per day, and kiwi fruit can contain 60 to 90 grams, so by eating one kiwi fruit per day, we can reach our goal.
Among its nutritional composition, we can find that kiwi provides about 60 kcal per 100 grams and consists of 85% water, 10% carbohydrates and 2% fiber. These are some of The benefits of kiwi for our body:
- Strengthens the immune system: The high content of vitamin C, combined with folic acid, helps strengthen the body’s defenses against colds and other viruses.
- Very useful for intestinal transit: Another well-known benefit of kiwifruit is the improvement of intestinal transit due to the fact that it is an important source of fiber.
- Improves psychological state: This fruit is high in vitamins that help stimulate adrenaline and reduce stress and fatigue levels.
- Antioxidant: Another benefit is that it contains a high amount of antioxidant properties, so including it in our diet will improve the appearance of our skin.
- Supports Bone Health: Its contribution to vitamin K helps in its protection and is responsible for blood clotting.