The championship will take place at the Game Club Movistar in the Mall Plaza Vespucio, where video game enthusiasts will compete in PUBG Mobile teams for one of South Korea’s flagship smartphones.
Next Thursday, July 20, the first qualifying date of the Samsung Mobile Showdown tournament organized by Game Club Movistar and Samsung at the Mall Plaza Vespucio will begin. Participants will be able to compete for a Galaxy S23 Ultra prize for each member of the winning team. Registration for the tournament is open until next Saturday, July 8th.
The competition will have a maximum quota of 128 teams consisting of 512 individual players organized into teams of 4 players. The game selected for the competition is PUBG Mobile, an action and shooter video game in which up to 100 players battle it out in a battle royale to be the last man standing. With a military style and graphics, PUBG Mobile promises to provide an intense and fun gaming experience for every participant.
Players who decide to enter the competition will be able to enjoy gameplay on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (revealed in the company’s latest unboxing), which will be available as a competition-specific module. In addition, the prize that each member of the winning team will receive guarantees top-level competition.
Interested participants will now be able to take advantage of the opportunity to play for free in the Samsung corner, where Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphones are already installed. This will be a great time to get familiar with the device and hone your skills before the tournament. It is worth noting that this phone is configured optimally for gaming with the new, powerful and productive Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 mobile platform.
Tournament dates will be distributed as follows:
- Qualy 1 – Thursday, July 20 – 19:00 to 23:00 – 4 teams qualify and can play in person or online.
- Qualy 2 – Thursday, July 27 – 19:00 to 23:00 – 4 teams qualify and can play in person or online.
- Qualy 3 – Thursday, August 3 – 19:00 to 23:00 – 4 teams qualify and can play in person or online.
- Qualy 4 – Thursday, August 10 – 19:00 to 23:00 – 4 teams qualify and can play in person or online.
- Grand Final – Thursday, August 17 – from 16:00 to 21:00 – 16 finalist teams live. They can play face to face or online.
If you are interested in participating in the tournament, you can register through the following links.
The winners of the tournament will be announced on the same day on Game Club social networks.