Street Fighter 6 Showcase shows countless details of the game
The Street Fighter™ 6 Showcase event, hosted by rap legend Lil Wayne, has provided new information on the upcoming installment, including new details on the World Tour, custom avatar battles, accessibility features, the Year I roadmap and a demo launching today on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4, followed by Xbox and Steam versions on April 26. We take a look at each of the announcements below (be prepared, there are a lot) and be sure to try the game for yourself when it launches on June 2, 2023 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and on PC at via Steam.
You can watch the full Street Fighter 6 Showcase presentation on the Youtube channel at the following link.
Welcome to the WorldTour
- We show off a new location on the World Tour called Nayshall, a developing nation tucked away in a remote corner of Asia. You’ll meet iconic masters and experience the world of Street Fighter™ with your own personalized avatar as you roam the streets of Metro City, Nayshall and other locations around the world in this new single player story mode.
- We have also introduced a number of RPG elements. You can consume items and food during battle or at restaurants to restore vitality, acquire buffs, or inflict debuffs. As you level up your avatar, you’ll earn skill points that you can spend on a skill tree to further customize your moves.
- Become a student of your favorite Masters, including all 18 launch characters and enrolling in their style and learning their special moves. Increase your bonds with the Masters by giving them gifts and completing quests. Combine all of this to unlock new sequences as you bond with these legendary fighters.
Show off your style with custom avatar battles
- Create your own character on the World Tour and then head over to the Battle Hub to engage in custom avatar battles against other players online. Use your avatar with Dhalsim’s fighting style, Zangief’s Screw Piledriver and Ken’s Hadoken, or any other combination of skills you’ve learned on World tour to show off your personal fighting style. Be careful because your opponent may have come up with an even wilder palette of moves.
innovation in accessibility
- Street Fighter 6 is committed to improving accessibility with an innovative sound design that tells you how far away you are from your opponent, the height level of attacks, if an attack is crossed, when the Drive Gauge is left and much more.
- For newbies and veterans alike, there are detailed walkthroughs, character guides, and combo tests that provide a solid foundation for each character.
- Our third control type, along with classic and modern, is dynamic, where you can unleash a character’s flashy moves by pressing the auto-attack button and having the AI help you with your attacks and combos1.
Classic fighting game experiences with a little more flavor
- Arcade Mode is a single player mode in which you will face the computer and learn more about the history of each fighter. Complete Arcade Mode with each character to unlock and view beautiful artwork in the Gallery. Your scores can also be uploaded to the online leaderboards!
- Play against other players or against the computer by creating a team of up to 5 characters and customize the Battle Format to your liking, such as Single Elimination, Doubles and Teams.
- The Extreme Battle adds rules that you will have to follow, along with fun features such as running bulls or our own version of the hot potato. Play Extreme Battle to learn more about the basics of the game or to wreak havoc at a party.
- Play online against other players by creating a custom room. The four virtual machines in the room can be set up as one-on-one, extreme battle, or training. Custom rooms can now accommodate up to 16 players at a time and make online training and match watching easier than ever.
compete against the world
- Ranked matches are back, and we’ve taken steps to reduce the pressure of losing a match at certain ranks. First, we’ve added a unique loss protection feature for players ranked Diamond and below. Additionally, newbies will no longer lose League Points upon defeat to encourage online play. Lastly, Iron-Gold and Master rank users will not suffer League demotions. Each character has their own rank, so trying out new characters in ranked matches is more accessible than ever.
Wait there’s still more!
- In celebration of the entire Street Fighter series, we’re introducing the Battle Damage feature! During combat, characters will sweat more, get cuts and bruises, and other signs of battle appear on their faces and clothing. This feature is only available in some offline modes and can be disabled in Settings.
- We’ve shown how players can create a Club in the Battle Hub to play with friends and find like-minded players. Customize your club emblem and design a uniform that only your club members can wear.
Get ready for Year 1 with four new characters!
- Rashid of the Turbulent Wind, who debuted in Street Fighter™ V, returns in summer 2023. The enigmatic AKI joins the cast in fall 2023. Ed, the young commander from Street Fighter V, also returns in early winter 2024 And finally, the legend himself, the beast, the transcendental Akuma is coming to Street Fighter 6 in Spring 2024! These four characters will be included as Masters in the World Tour upon release and also in the Deluxe and Ultimate editions of Street Fighter 6.
Now available the demo
- Fire up your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4 and play the demo now! Xbox Series X|S or PC users will have access to the demo starting April 26 at 9:00 a.m. You’ll be able to learn the basic combat mechanics in the tutorial and practice Luke’s and Ryu’s moves and fighting style in the Character Guide. Immerse yourself in the first moments of World Tour, where you can experiment with the deep avatar creation function. Custom avatars will be transferable to the full game on the same platform when it is released.
We hope you enjoyed the Street Fighter 6 Showcase and we’re looking forward to having you join us for its premiere on June 2nd.
Street Fighter 6 represents the next evolution of the Street Fighter series with a combo of unique fighting game innovations through three all-new game modes, namely Fighting Ground, World Tour, and Battle Hub. The game will be released worldwide on June 2, 2023 on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and on PC via Steam.