UltraGear OLED monitors, the new beasts for gaming exclusively in the LG store.
LG’s new OLED monitors are paving the way for this panel technology to break into the gaming market with force. The new models LG UltraGear 45GR95QE and 27GR95QE are two examples of this. Undoubtedly, two essential monitors for any gamer who wants to experience what this technology can bring to their favorite AAA titles, making the most of what your gaming setup can bring.
OLED for gaming?
OLED technology arrived a few years ago, and many are skeptical about whether it is a suitable panel for gaming, but the truth is that it has many advantages, even for professional gamers. Between the advantages that stand out are:
- Fast refresh rates: In the case of LG UltraGear, it has achieved that its panels have a high refresh rate, so that they can keep up with even the highest-end graphics cards. And it is that these panels come with up to 240 Hz, which means 240 frames per second. Really impressive.
- Ultra low response time: The response time of these monitors is simply from another planet, since they are not only below 5 ms, which is positive for gaming, no, but they are below 1ms, with times of 0.03 ms. That is to say, the pixels of these screens will hardly take anything to change color.
- Image quality: LG OLED monitors have also achieved a great advantage over other types of panels in terms of image quality, with deep blacks, vibrant colors and a good level of contrast. And, as you know, when it comes to video games, quality is a main factor, and with these OLED UltraGear you won’t miss any detail.
- Energy efficiency: By not having a backlight, like other panels, this makes the energy efficiency of these monitors high. So you won’t have to worry so much about the electricity bill if you spend hours and hours in front of the screen enjoying what you like the most.
- Curvature: In addition, these OLED screens also support being curved, so if you are looking for an immersive gaming monitor, this may be a great opportunity.
- Wider viewing angle: Thanks to the benefits of OLED technology, we also have a wide viewing angle, to see the clear image from any point. Something very important if you are going to play with more players.
- low input lag: These next-generation monitors also offer very low input lag, so there will be no annoying lag from when your GPU sends the image to when it appears on the screen. And what is most important, not let this affect your games, making you less competitive…
Features of the recommended LG UltraGear
|LG Ultra Gear 45GR95QE||LG Ultra Gear 27GR95QE|
|Size||44.5 inches (45″)||26.5 inches (27″)|
|Resolution||3440×1440px (WQHD)||2560×1440px (QHD)|
|Min/Max Brightness||160cd/m² – 200cd/m²||160cd/m² – 200cd/m²|
|Viewing angles (v/h)||178º without distortion||178º without distortion|
|Curvature||Yes, R800. Ideal for immersive gaming or simulators.||No (flat monitor)|
|supported technologies||HDR, HDR10, Gaming Mode, Color Assistant, AMD FreeSync Premium, Black Stabilizer, PBP Mode, and TrueColorPro color calibration.||HDR, HDR10, Reading Mode, Color Assistant, NVIDIA G-Sync + AMD FreeSync Premium and black stabilizer.|
|connections||1x Displayport 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.1, 3x USB-A and 3.5mm headphone jack.||1x Displayport 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.1, 2x USB-A and 3.5mm headphone jack.|
|Feeding||129W external AC adapter (included).||94W external AC adapter (included).|
|Dimensions||Without support: 992.7x457x218 mm
With stand: 992.7×647.7×362.5mm
|Without stand: 604.4×350.6×45.3mm
With support: 808x181x532mm
|Price||€1,798 (limited SPECIAL OFFER of 18% and -10% on the first purchase)||€1,199 (10% discount for the first purchase)|
LG UltraGear 45GR95QE: big, beautiful and powerful
With the current offer on this monitor, which puts it only a few hundred euros more than its 27″ little brother, it is undoubtedly one of the master purchases What can you do if you are looking for a great gaming monitor. LG UltraGear offers you this fantastic 45″ curved monitor, perfect for enjoying video games to the fullest.
This is a monitor that is not only big, but also includes the latest in OLED technology From the hand of a great like LG, an aspect ratio of 21: 9, and a WQHD resolution that will offer you a really pleasant experience. And that’s not counting its 0.03 ms response time and its 240 Hz refresh rate, quite a wet dream for a gamer.
You will have at your disposal a panel with more than 33 million pixels with very vivid colors and a unique pure black that only these OLED screens can offer, since they do not have a backlight, and the LED pixels are self-luminous.
Of course, these monitors will adapt perfectly to your GPU, since they have compatibility for NVIDIA G-Sync and AMD FreeSync Premiumso the FPS rate provided by your computer’s graphics does not matter, since with these technologies GPU and monitor will be perfectly synchronized.
And, if that’s not enough for you, this model also includes a remote control. Something rare in monitors, but that will be very comfortable if you are far from the monitor, to adjust the parameters from where you need. Currently available to buy at the LG Spain store.
LG UltraGear 27GR95QE: the big secrets are hidden in the smallest things
LG also presents us with a smaller alternative, with an OLED gaming monitor from the line 27-inch UltraGear. A more conventional size, but no less surprising than the previous one.
This other monitor can be perfect for gamers who have space problems or who are satisfied with a more moderate size. However, regardless of size, they’re going to get a lot of the same features as the 45″ model. For example, it also has a 240 Hz refresh rate or 0.03 ms response time, which is ideal for gaming.
Besides, this “little one” also hides pleasant surprisessuch as an anti-glare panel, the latest in OLED technology, QHD screen resolution, support for NVIDIA G-Sync and AMD FreeSync Premium technologies, and much more… In addition, it also includes a remote control like its big brother, and shares many others features with it.
In short, the biggest differences between the 45″ LG UltraGear model and the 27″ model are in price, size and resolution. Also available in the LG Spain store.
Which one should I choose?
Finally, it is important to note that both one LG UltraGear model and the other are two excellent options for gamers. Especially for those video game players where blacks, shadows or darkness stand out, since you will get a real black color that no other type of panel can give you.
LG has not only developed wonderful OLED technology, but has given these screens performance that far exceeds expectations of any user, with the response times and the refresh rate that provide fluidity to the images that you can enjoy.
Of course, this comes at a price, they are not exactly cheap monitors, but they are worth buying now that they have those discounts. When you try them, you will see the experience they bring and it will compensate you for the money they are worth.
So, if you were thinking of buying a new gaming monitor, and OLED technology caught your attention, here are these two recommended models that we have presented to you. Very few are going to offer you the same that these LG UltraGear…