Entertainment

Why King Charles III will not take away the royal titles from Harry and Meghan Markle despite the documentary scandal

Why King Charles III will not take away the royal titles from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle despite his harsh comments against the British royal family in his Netflix document (Reuters)
Why King Charles III will not take away the royal titles from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle despite his harsh comments against the British royal family in his Netflix document (Reuters)

No matter how tense things get, and whatever ends up happening in the second installment of Netflix’s documentary series “Harry & Meghan,” it’s highly unlikely that King Charles strips the Sussexes of their titlessay the real experts.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle received their titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex from the late Queen Elizabeth II on their wedding day, May 19, 2018.

But critics of the pair have said the pair should lose their titles after the first three episodes of the Netflix show, released last week, featured even more about his unhappy life behind the palace walls.

Journalist Piers Morgan, public enemy of the dukes, tweeted: “King Charles needs to strip these two poisonous rats of all remaining titles and ties to the royal family and he needs to do it fast before they destroy the monarchy.”

However, a real expert told the site page six: “Taking their title away from them is not something the king would likely ever consider…mainly because it would be too punitive.”

Furthermore, the expert added, “it would only lead the Sussexes to claim that it was a retaliatory action and proof that they were never wanted in the royal family.”

King Carlos III does not seem willing to definitively cut ties with his youngest son (Kin Cheung/Pool via REUTERS)
King Carlos III does not seem willing to definitively cut ties with his youngest son (Kin Cheung/Pool via REUTERS)

A survey conducted by Daily Mail threw that 44% of people think they should lose their titles, while alone 19% disagree.

A similar proportion, 42%, think that Harry should be excluded from the line of succession, with 23% disagreeing. Almost a third, 28%, think that they should not be allowed to attend the coronation of King Carlos IIIwith 31% disagreeing.

A former cabinet minister said the couple “categorically should not be” at Westminster Abbey when Charles is crowned on May 6.

“Since the Sussexes called the show simply ‘Harry and Meghan,’ they should take it upon themselves to stop using their titles,” a royal insider said. “They are sending mixed messages to the contrary,” he added. “Do they want to be normal, albeit extremely powerful people, or do they want to live in the shadows of their former real lives?”.

Majesty magazine editor Joe Little told Page Six that “there is nothing stopping Harry from giving up his titles.”

Harry and Meghan want their children to have royal titles, but King Charles is believed to be waiting for Harry’s memoirs to come out: Spare”, which will be on sale on January 10.

The new trailer for Harry and Meghan’s documentary for Netflix

In a new trailer for the Netflix series released Monday, Markle, 41, says: “I wasn’t thrown to the wolves, I was fed to the wolves.”

Meanwhile, Harry adds: “They were happy to lie to protect my brother, but they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”

In these new episodes, which will be available on December 15, the couple will discuss their decision to step down and flee to California, describing their departure as “Freedom Flight.”

It may interest you: “My family is happy lying to protect my brother”: Prince Harry’s explosive statement against William”

The trailer goes on to state that the royal family was “practically recruiting people” to spread false stories about them.

The trailer also shows images and photos of the Sussexes and their two children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, living a happy life in Montecito, California, their post-Megxit place of residence.

“It gave us the opportunity to create that home that we’ve always wanted,” says Markle. “I always felt that this was a fight worth giving up,” adds Harry.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry show images of their children in the second part of their documentary (Netflix)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry show images of their children in the second part of their documentary (Netflix)

Despite the trailer suggesting that the couple wanted to flee London due to a lack of privacy and protection, they defended themselves, saying they never said that was the reason.

“His statement announcing his decision to step back makes no mention of privacy and reiterates his desire to continue his public roles and duties,” Harry and Markle recently told the New York Times through their press secretary, Ashley Hansen.

“They are choosing to share their story, on their terms, and yet the tabloids have created a completely false narrative that permeates press coverage and public opinion. The facts are right in front of them, ”added his spokeswoman.

It may interest you: Prince William says he will never watch Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary

The first half followed the couple through their courtship, which began after the prince spotted the American actress on Instagram in 2016, and focused on their low-key marriage proposal in 2017. In the meantime, upcoming episodes will tackle Harry’s years-long feud with William, 40, as well as his actual exit.

The Christmas card photograph of the Prince and Princess of Wales was taken by Matt Porteous earlier this year and shows the couple with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis in Norfolk (Reuters)
The Christmas card photograph of the Prince and Princess of Wales was taken by Matt Porteous earlier this year and shows the couple with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis in Norfolk (Reuters)

Meanwhile, William confessed to his closest circle that he would “never” see the program Netflix of his brother H.Harry and Meghan Markle. In addition, he told his friends that no “will fuel the conflict” retaliating by commenting on the show.

According to the British tabloid Daily Mail, the Prince of Wales is more focused on “Look into the future” and “get on with the job”, rather than engage in a “tit for tat” battle with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Keep reading:

Prince William says he will never watch Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary
The journalist Megyn Kelly criticized the documentary of Harry and Meghan Markle: “He needs a therapist, not a crying and annoying wife

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button