More than 250 major league players are eligible for salary arbitration this offseason, though that number appears to dwindle on Friday night, when all 30 teams must offer contracts to such players.
Players offered contracts will have until January 13 to work out new deals with their clubs before exchanging arbitration figures. The two parties may still be working on a settlement after that date, though many will end up going to arbitration hearings.
Players who have not received contracts by 8 pm ET on Friday they will become free agents. Which players could join the free agent ranks for the weekend? Here’s a look at 11 potential non-bidder candidateslisted alphabetically.
- Jorge Alfaro, C, Parents
- Brian Anderson, OF, Marlins
- Cody Bellinger, OF, Dodgers
- Jeimer Candelario, SS, 3B, Tigers
- Adam Engel, OF, White Sox
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS, Yankees
- Kevin Newman, INF, Pirates
- Emilio Pagan, RHP, Twins
- Alex Reyes, RHP, Cardinals
- Dominic Smith, 1B/OF, Mets
- Luke Voit, 1B/DH, Nationals
Follow us on