Lyou resistance exercises are those that stimulate the physical endurance capacity of the body in the face of sustained effort, through both aerobic or anaerobic effortsas of efforts local (focused) or general (full body).
Some exercises that improve physical resistance
– body lift. It is one of the best known and oldest resistance exercises, in which one’s own weight is used to induce greater muscular resistance. Squats, sit-ups and push-ups are some examples.
– cables and pulleys. Very recurrent in gyms and known as “machine” exercise, the effort is made against the weight of a ballast attached to a pulley.
– free weights. An exercise also recurring in gyms. It is done with dumbbells, bars, clubs, or even the combination of all of them. The muscles are forced to deal with the extra weight to increase their endurance as well as their power.
– swimming. Another great aerobic exercise, which by momentarily suspending oxygen input and restoring it soon after maximizes respiratory capacity.
– Cycling. Another aerobic exercise, focused on the lower extremities and cardiovascular and pulmonary capacity. The stationary or common bicycle lead to a good sustained resistance.
– TRX training. Are the suspension exercises performed with straps and handles, to use your own weight as a load and build endurance and strength at the same time. However, it requires special training and is not usually done outside the gym.
– football. Considered both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, it is perhaps one of the most demanding sports in terms of physical resistance that there is.
– Yoga. Scorned by many high-impact athletes, yoga is a gentle way to exercise resistance and at the same time stretch the muscles. Since it employs slow, frequent breaths in the midst of highly demanding positions, it can be considered an excellent promoter of both aerobic and anaerobic endurance.
– cross fit. It is a physical conditioning system that uses various exercise routines of great variety, high intensity and functional movements.borrowing dynamics from other disciplines such as weightlifting, gymnastics or metabolic training.