The festival takes place from May 17 to 28, in which there will be premieres of films whose cast includes celebrities such as Tom Hanks, Kristen Stewart, Anne Hathaway and Anthony Hopkins, among others.
The 2022 Cannes Film Festival carries out its 75th edition from May 17 to 28, in France. Great personalities such as Julianne Moore, Tom Cruise, Eva Longoria, Tom Hanks, among many other celebrities of the seventh art, paraded through its red carpet.
The most important film festival in the world canceled the 2020 edition and postponed the 2021 edition, but now it is ready to go ahead and receive more than 35 thousand people on its red carpet.
Films premiering at Cannes 2022
1. Elvis: This musical biopic directed by Baz Luhrmann tells the story of Elvis Presley, played by actor Austin Butler, from being discovered by Tom Parker, played by the legendary Tom Hanks, to becoming that man nicknamed “ the king of rock and roll.
2. Tori and Lokita: Directed by Luc Dardenne and Jean-Pierre Dardenne, it follows the difficulties and cruel conditions of exile of two friends, a boy and a teenager, who have traveled alone from Africa to Belgium.
3. Jerry Lee Lewis: Trouble in Mind: A glimpse into the complex life and thrilling, unparalleled performances of “rock’n’roll’s first and wildest practitioner”: Jerry Lee Lewis. Under the direction of Ethan Coen.
4. Armageddon Time: Starring Anne Hathaway, Anthony Hopkins and Jeremy Strong, chronicles the transition to adult life of a young dreamer from Queens in the 1980s, while questioning the famous American dream.
5. Broker: This Korean drama by Hirokazu Koreeda recounts how, after being abandoned in a baby box, a baby changes the destiny of all those who cross his life.
6. Crimes of the Future: David Cronenberg returns with the same title as his 1970 film, but with a different story. This time the narrative focuses on the artist Saul, who exhibits the metamorphosis of his organs, in an era where the human species evolves, adapts to a synthetic environment and the body is subjected to new transformations and mutations.
7. Decision to Leave: Hae-Joon, a veteran detective, investigates the mysterious death of a man on top of a mountain. The clues will lead him to Sore, the wife of the deceased, with whom he will begin to have feelings that will get in the way of the investigation. The South Korean film was directed by Park Chan-Wook.
8. Three Thousand Years of Longing: During a trip to Istanbul, Alithea Binnie, a lonely woman, meets a genie who offers to grant her three wishes in exchange for her freedom. Although she initially refuses, she soon accepts and everything will change forever. The script and direction were by George Miller.
9. Showing Up: A sculptor must open a new show, while her personal life is in chaos. In the end, all her family problems and with her friends will be an inspiration for her art. Directed by Kelly Reichardt.
10. Stars at Noon: Based on the novel of the same name by Denis Johnson and directed by Claire Denis, this romantic thriller follows the journey of an American journalist and a British tourist, who are trapped in Nicaragua in 1984.