The iron it is the first truly valuable and resistant material that you can master in Minecraft. It is essential for crafting tools, weapons, armor with a protection to take into account and a long list of objects. Of course, first you have to mine it and treat it. Here I tell you everything you need to know about iron in Minecraft.
Nether Update Trailer for Minecraft
Iron in Minecraft: the first step towards domination
Until now I have told you that wood, rock and coal are important materials because they are essential to take your first steps. Iron is a much more essential material once you master it. Fortunately, it is one of the minerals with more presence in the underworlds of Minecraft. All you need is a wooden or rock pickaxe to mine it.
Advice: Iron ores are usually found near coal, so take the opportunity to mine the latter. You will need it a lot for the next step.
As soon as you have a good amount of this material, go home and put the furnace to work at full speed. If you only have one, it’s time to start thinking about having two or three to work materials faster. Iron ore on its own is worth nothing, you need to turn it into iron ingots.
Iron Ingot Recipe: x1 Iron Ore and fuel. You can also get ingots at the block workbench and iron nuggets through iron ingots. Needless to say, all tools, weapons, and armor made from this material have better durability.
weapons and tools
- Sword: x2 Iron Ingots and x1 Stick
- Beak: x3 Iron Ingots and x2 Sticks
- Axe: x3 Iron Ingots and x2 Sticks
- Shovel: x1 Iron Ingot and x2 Sticks
- Hoe: x2 Iron Ingots and x2 Sticks
- iron helmet: x5 Iron Ingots
- Iron Breastplate: x8 Iron Ingots
- Iron Greaves: x7 Iron Ingots
- Iron Boots: x4 Iron Ingots
- Compass: x4 Iron Ingots and x1 Redstone
- Cube: x3 Iron Ingots
- Anvil: x4 Iron Ingots and x3 Iron Blocks
- Iron door: x6 Iron Ingots
- Iron block: x9 Iron Ingots
Minecraft guides in VidaExtra
- Are you new to Minecraft? Here are the best tips and tricks to get you started
- Minecraft cheats and commands: control the world, get any item and more
- Minecraft Bestiary: All about passive and neutral creatures, behavior, status ailments and more
- Minecraft Bestiary: All about hostile creatures, behavior, status ailments and more
- Kill the Minecraft Ender Dragon: Locations, Attacks and More
- Types of Minecraft biomes and what to find in them: blocks, creatures and more
- Enchantments in Minecraft: which are the best for your team?
- Furnaces in Minecraft: everything you need to know about its creation and use
- Alchemy in Minecraft: list of all potions and their recipes to make them
- Minecraft: how to download and install skins on PC, consoles and mobile devices
- Minecraft: what to do so as not to get lost again and again in Survival Mode?
- Seeds in Minecraft: what they are, what they are for and which are the best for the community
- Caves and mines in Minecraft: how to explore them without getting lost trying
- Lava in Minecraft: where to find it and how to use it to your advantage
- Minecraft: tips and tricks to fortify your home against enemy attacks
- Minecraft: how to make an elevator with water?
- Horses in Minecraft: where to find them and how to tame them to move quickly
- Pets in Minecraft: how to tame cats, dogs and wolves, and what to do with them
- Minecraft: how to make a pool for your mansion?
- Foxes in Minecraft: where to find them, how to tame them and what to do with them
- Equip yourself for the fight in Minecraft: how to make armor, swords, shields, bows and arrows
- Basic tools to survive in Minecraft: what they are and how to make them
- Wood in Minecraft: where to find it and what you can make with it
- Rock in Minecraft: where to find it and what you can make with it
- Coal in Minecraft: where to find it and what you can make with it