Loved by many and hated by many others, what is a fact is that George Lucas changed the face of Hollywood forever with Star Wars.
Although its best times are long gone, the truth is that these were big enough to leave an important legacy in modern cinematography. Just ask so many fans and directors how much they were influenced by the saga of starwars to realize how crucial it was for cinema.
george lucas He turns today, May 14, one more year of life, and although he has been away from the media eye for a long time, it never hurts to pay tribute to the man who inspired several generations. Here are some facts about the director that you may not have known:
This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.
- He was born in 1944 in Modesto, Calif., where he grew up on a family ranch dedicated to growing walnuts. Her father owned a stationery store and she had three brothers.
- the first love of george lucas It wasn’t the movies, it was car racing, he even had plans to become a professional racing driver.
- He was a regular on the California underground race track and spent a lot of time in garages. Nevertheless suffered a serious accident in his car shortly after graduating from high school, which led to him being hospitalized for several weeks.
- Already in high school he approached the anthropology, sociology Y literature At the same time he began filming with an 8mm camera.
- Some of his first 8mm movies they were about car racing. Without a doubt, the pod race is starting to make sense.