Whether for pleasure, necessity or any other reason, having a car It has become a vital task for most Mexicans who need to move from one place to another, especially in the Mexico City. In this sense, the Tax Administration Service (SAT) has revealed important details for its owners.
Among the responsibilities that the person must have with this new car, among which stand out the maintenance and having the papers in order, the payment to the SAT Due to the corresponding taxes, it serves as one of the most important actions regardless of whether one of these artifacts is bought or sold.
For this reason, if one of your objectives is to acquire a car either in an agency, in a pre-owned car company or through an individual, it is essential that you know the fiscal responsibilities that were issued to from this 2022 by the work of SATwhich you will be obliged to comply with to avoid having problems with this organism.
SAT: What you must pay if you buy a new or used car
According to the document published by the Official Journal of the Federation around the Miscellaneous Fiscal Resolution for this 2022, the quotas for the concept of Tax on New Cars or agency (ISAN) is the next:
* If the car has a price lower than 313 thousand 163 pesos, you are not obliged to pay the ISAN; however, if the unit exceeds the value of 864 thousand 750 pesos, the tax will be applied at 7 percent on the amount that exceeds the amount.
* If the car costs between 313 thousand 163 pesos and 375 thousand 795 pesos, the amount to pay will be six thousand 263 pesos.
* If the vehicle is worth between 375 thousand 795 pesos and 438 thousand 428 pesos, the charge will be nine thousand 394 pesos.
* If the car has a cost of between 438 thousand 428 pesos and 563 thousand 963 pesos, the required fee will be 15 thousand 685 pesos.
* Finally, if the cost of the same is greater than 563 thousand 693 pesos, the amount will be 34 thousand 477 pesos.
The situation changes if you decide sell or buy a used vehicle, Well, you will have to notify the SAT of this movement so that, in turn, the necessary dependency is provided based on the corresponding tax, because if you do not do so, the two parties could receive a sanction.
The seller of car You must pay taxes on the profit from the sale of the car, so the cost varies depending on its value, with a maximum limit of 35 percent.
That said, it is necessary to clarify that not all cars are subject to taxes thanks to article 93 of the Income Tax Law (LISR), which stipulates that ISR will not be paid for income obtained from the sale of goods when the difference between the income from the sale and the cost of the product is not greater than 105 thousand 303 pesos.
Similarly, if the sale of the vehicle is between a natural person and a company, the tax withholding will be non-existent, as long as an invoice is issued and the operation, in turn, is not greater than 175 thousand pesos.
That said, it is important to mention that if the sale of the car is not notified to the SAT, the delegate may be awarded a fine of between 1,400 pesos and up to 17,370 pesos. In addition, the authorities can notify the banks of this breach with the intention of affecting the person’s credit history.
Follow El Heraldo Deportes on Google News by CLICKING HERE.