Fortnite: Battle Royale has received during the course of this morning of Tuesday, March 1, 2022 a new patch for the current Season 1: Back of Chapter 3. The Epic Games game has been updated once again to bring us version 19.40 which this time adds new features such as a proximity voice chat in Impostors mode and more. As always it also brings fixes and corrections to all platforms the game is available on. below we summarize the details most relevant and the changes that have been included with 19.40.
We have started disabling matchmaking in preparation for the v19.40 update, and server downtime will begin soon.
New Incredible Cobwebs Theme Week
With the update 19.40 of Fortnite also comes the new amazing cobwebs theme week.
- This week starts to be available from Tuesday March 1 at 15:00 CET.
- The week will extend until the next Wednesday March 9 at 14:59 CET.
- During this week we can find Spider-Man’s web shooters in chests on the island (in addition to their usual locations).
- In addition the trampolines return from the camera during the week of Incredible Cobwebs. They’re on ground loot and supply drops.
Of course this week is also accompanied by new themed missions to complete and get extra XP.
Thanks to patch 19.40 Epic Games has improved the Impostors mode voice version to bring us the possibility of playing with a proximity voice chat.
- now in the tail of “Imposters (voice)”proximity voice chat is used, which means that what we will hear during the games depending on who is nearby of us.
- As before, communication is split between eliminated and active playersand mixes agents and impostors.
- Even though eliminated players cannot voice chat with players who haven’t been eliminated yet, they can still listen to them to keep a close eye on the game situation.
It is worth mentioning that the players who prefer to avoid voice communication they can select the standard “Imposter” queue, which only has quick chat enabled with no voices.
As of patch 19.40, on all platforms where replays are supported we can find a new functionality available. It is an option that allows us change the time of day of the game so that it plays as we prefer in the saved replay.
- This option is allowed in repetitions from Battle Royale mode or on creative islands where the creator has not specified any time of day in the settings.
- To set the time of day in a repeat, select the camera setup (represented by a camera with a gear in the middle).
- Then navigate to the clock icon.
- Behind this use the slider to choose the time of day you want (you can also pause the time of day).
This update brings some general changes and fixes for the game, as always we can extract them from the Trello from Epic and from the press releases. They are the following:
- The button swap and the addition of the Incredible Cobwebs week trampolines will not be available in competitive queues.
- Fixed an issue where some outfits would glow with a blue hologram effect in the room.
- Fixed an issue where POI names would appear in English on the map regardless of the selected language.
- Fixed a bug where when changing teams, players could see the change above the player counter.
- Fixed an issue where campfires would appear unlit for all players joining when the match was in progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to return to the UI when the matchmaking countdown for the match expired.
- Fixed an issue where Creative mode team selection settings would not carry over once the match started.
- Fixed an issue where Fires would not deal damage to players in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to repair burning structures.
- Fixed an issue where wild animals would not move properly when indestructible walls were hidden.
- Fixed various bugs affecting supply drops.
Naturally this version 19.40 of Fortnite also brings us a lots of new cosmetic items and skins that dataminers are responsible for collecting. Over the next few days we can have them in the in-game store if we want to acquire them with turkeys. Here below we show you the news in this regard:
Remember that you can visit our complete guide to know the best tips and tricks and easily overcome all the challenges of the season. Fortnite is a Battle Royale that is free to PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and devices Androidyou can read our analysis.