The Italian fashion brand Liu Jo is taking legal action against model Kendall Jenner for breach of contract. She is said to have “refused” to make up for a missed appointment.
Multimillionaire Kendall Jenner is accused of missing a photo shoot she has already been paid for.
Because the demand for a refund was unsuccessful, the fashion brand Liu Jo is now taking legal action against the model.
The company is suing Kendall for the equivalent of over 1.6 million Swiss francs.
Kendall Jenner (25) was sued this week by the Italian fashion brand Liu Jo for the equivalent of over 1.6 million francs. The reason for the indictment: breach of contract. The second youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner sisters is said to have missed a shoot.
The company accuses the model in a lawsuit filed on Monday of not having appeared at one of two planned photo ops. For both orders, it should have received the equivalent of almost 1.4 million francs in salary and a 20 percent service fee. Kendall has already received over 1.2 million of them.
The first shoot with the American took place in July 2019, according to Liu Jo’s letter, which is available to “Page Six”. The images have already been published as part of the Spring/Summer 2020 campaign. The second date for the Autumn/Winter 2020 campaign should have taken place in London in March. However, Kendall has not been able to travel due to the pandemic and it has been agreed that the shooting will be postponed to the autumn.
Management denies allegations
A spokeswoman for the model agency The Society Management rejected the allegations against “Page Six”: “This lawsuit is unfounded. We have repeatedly offered Liu Jo alternative dates and locations on behalf of Kendall Jenner to fulfill the agreement, which had to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Jenner has willingly offered to fulfill her commitments.”
However, the statement from Kendall’s model management contradicts the fashion label’s claims. The company claims to have proposed “several alternative dates and locations,” but Kendall and The Society Management ultimately rejected “all bona fide compromise offers.”
Kendall is said to have even traveled to Italy in September last year for a campaign shoot of another brand, although the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star had previously told Liu Jo that a trip to Italy at that time was “impossible” for her.
Claim for refund unsuccessful
The company also claims that the multimillionaire stopped the correspondence and only reacted again when Liu Jo accused her of breach of contract and told her that the contract had thus been terminated. The claim for a refund of the fee, some of which had already been paid, was also unsuccessful.
Particularly bitter for the company: Because the reality TV star “sich refused to comply with their part of the agreement”, a great additional effort had arisen for them. “Liu Jo was forced to find replacement models and restructure the entire campaign,” the lawsuit says.
Kendall himself has not yet commented on the allegations.
When you subscribe to the People Push, you won’t miss anything from the world of the rich, beautiful, and people who aren’t quite clear why they’re famous.
Here’s how: Install the latest version of the 20-minute app. Tap on «Cockpit» at the bottom right, then on the «Settings» gear and finally on «Push notifications». Under “Topics”, tap “People” – and it’s already underway.
As a member, you become part of the 20-minute community and benefit from great benefits and exclusive competitions every day!