Tuesday, 09 February 2021
After injury in case of explosion
Jennifer Lawrence is back on set
Jennifer Lawrence has already proven that she is tough as Katniss Everdeen in “The Hunger Games”. But even in real life, it is obviously not so easy to get down. Shortly after a successful accident on set, she is now back in front of the camera.
After an accident on the set of the star-studded Netflix movie “Don’t Look Up”, the concern for Hollywood star Jennifer Lawrence was great. But now the all-clear can be given. The 30-year-old was finally able to return to the camera.
Pictures available to the US site “Page Six” show the Oscar winner filming in Boston over the weekend. After only one day of filming, there were no more injuries to her face.
Over the weekend, reports had made the rounds that Lawrence had been hit by flying splinters after a planned explosion during filming. Among other things, it was said that a piece of glass swirled through the air had injured the “The Hunger Games” star in the eye.
From DiCaprio to Streep
According to the Boston Globe newspaper, the accident occurred last Friday when a trash can flew through a window in one scene. Lawrence had not yet left the danger zone when the explosion was triggered. She is said to have held her hands in front of her face when the paramedics arrived.
In addition to Lawrence, the current recordings from the set include her co-star Timothée Chalamet – just one of numerous world stars in Adam McKay’s upcoming flick. The film, for which McKay also wrote the screenplay, also features Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett, Chris Evans, Matthew Perry and Jonah Hill.
Not much is known about the plot of “Don’t Look Up” so far, according to US media reports, the film is about two unknown scientists, played by Lawrence and DiCaprio. They embark on a media tour to warn humanity of an approaching asteroid that threatens to destroy Earth. The start date for the film is not yet known.